DanGerousX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Server Troy Silkroad Online

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pure Strength Glavie Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EternalAnny
Admin
EternalAnny

Birthday : 1986-07-22

Pure Strength Glavie Guide Empty
PostSubject: Pure Strength Glavie Guide   Pure Strength Glavie Guide EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 8:22 am

I - Introduction
II - Weapon and Gear
III - Skills
IV - SP farm or not to SP farm
V - Player versus Player
VI - Your pet
VII - Using your skills

------------------------------

I-Intro

Point of this Guide:
Just wanted to tell all you haters I won't close this guide until people start saying it's bad. And seriously, to all who flamed it, I don't care about what you think. I'm open to criticism, not flaming. Thanks to all who helped me improve this guide.

Since the other Strength Glavie guides were marked as "outdated" I made a new one for the new skills, and also a more detailed one.
So you wanna become a pure strength glavier? In this guide I'll tell you everything you need to know to become one.

So what is a pure str glavier?
With STR bows, STR glaviers are the highest STR damage dealers among chinese. All stat points go into strength, you'll have massive hp and you will hit pretty high, as high as chinesenukes if you do a good critical, only criticals don't happen often unless you have a glavie with a good critical. If you're good, you'll never die and you can 1 hit any mob 2 lvls lower than you with a critical. If played correctly, the STR glavier is quite good overall.

Why a pure strength glavier?
The pure str glavier is a build for people who like to PvP. It can tank, resist nukes and sometimes even wizard nukes, and deal high criticals, in other words, everything you need to own at PvP. It's also very good at PvE because you will never die to any mob, unless you are getting mobbed by several grey mobs or party mobs without any potions left...

So let's talk about the pros and cons:

Pros:
-You hit very high
-You have alot of HP
-You are good at PvP
-You don't get 1 hit killed by wizards and nukes so easily.
-Has stun and knock back

Cons:
-You use tons of mana potions
-Until lvl 31 heuksal you don't have any ranged attack.

II-Your weapon and gear

-How to chose your wear:

As a strength glavier you should wear garments. They give 20% less mana consumption and make you run faster, since you only have one ranged attack (and it's at lvl 31 heuksal) it's better to run to your mob faster. You can wear armor until lvl 29 just don't fight yeohas at lvl 10 and gun powders at lvl 27-28. After lvl 30 you'll find more mobs with magical attack so I suggest you switch to garment or protector, but garment is really good for this build.

As for the stats, here is how it works:

-Magical and physical defense power: The higher these stats are, the less damage you'll take from monsters. When buying a non-NPC garment item, I suggest you look for something with high magical def power and/or high physical def power.
-Durability: When you buy or repair an item, it's durability will be at its max. It slowly goes down when you fight mobs. The higher it is, the less you'll have to go to town to repair your items.
-Parry ratio: This is a bit like magical and physical defense power, but it's luck-based. Parry ratio decreases your enemy's chances of dealing high damage on you. This is also very important.
-Magical and physical reinforces: These increase magical or physical defense power a bit. Not as important but not to be ignored.

Good blues for garments:
-Str and int +
-Burn/zombie/cold/shock/darkness time -
-Parry ratio +
-Magical and physical defense +

-How to chose your weapon:

As a str glavier you'll wield a glavie (lol) but if you ever find a good spear drop, like if a mob drops you an sos spear or +3 spear, it will work fine.

For the glavie stats:

-Magical and physical attack power: just like for garments, but on weapons they don't increase defense, they increase the highest damage you can deal. When you buy a weapon you should always take one that has higher attack power, unless there is another glavie with a bit less attack power but with a good critical (10 and above)
-Durability: Same as for garment.
-Attack rating: Increases your chances of dealing damage. In other words, the offensive parry ratio. Important.
-Critical: Very important for this build. I suggest you buy a glavie with at least 7-10 critical. Why? Because as a pure strength glavier, when you hit a critical with soul spear move, you'll 1 hit kill your mob.
-Mag and phy reinforces: Same as for garment but these are for attack, not defense.

Good blues for glavies:
-Block ratio + (this doesn't make you block attacks... it decreases your enemy's chances of blocking your attack if he has a shield)
-Critical +
-Str and Int +
-Attack rating +

Back to top Go down
http://dangerousx.neositios.com/
EternalAnny
Admin
EternalAnny

PostSubject: Re: Pure Strength Glavie Guide   Pure Strength Glavie Guide EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 8:24 am

III- Skills

Now this is the most important part for you... the skills you must take.

As a pure strength glavier you take heuksal as main weapon skill tree, fire and main force skill tree and lightning as secondary skill tree.

Fanning Spear Series:
Gives you good magical defense for 15 seconds, a bit like mana skin for warriors. This skill makes you invincible against nukers or wizards. If a monster like earth taoist hits you 300, when you activate this skill he will be hitting 20. Very important skill in my opinion.

Heuksal spear series:
This is a splash skill like ghost spear. At later levels, it adds dull to your enemies what can be useful in PvP. The second and third book do outdamage soul departs. I think it's a good skill, te third book hits twice.

Departs Spear series:
This is THE most important skill you have, it has stun and hits very high criticals. At low levels, a critical from this skill will one hit your mob. The third book hits twice.

Ghost spear attack series:
Maybe not as powerful as soul departs but very useful when getting mobbed. Doesn't 1 hit kill though. It's also the best looking attack among the heuksal skills in my opinion. Hits 5 mobs around you. Second and third book have the ability to knock back.

Chain Spear Attacks:
This is a chain attack, what means it hits multiple times. It's good for PvE, specially against giants or to finish off things after a good soul departs, not the best skill at PvP though. I personally think you should get it.

Flying Dragon Spear:
I call it the strength nuke because it's like a nuke but as a weapon skill instead of a force skill... also very useful after lvl 31 heuksal because you'll be able to deal high damage at long range, and then finish off things with soul departs when they get to you

Cheoslam force:
Gives you like 100 Hp every 10 lvls. Obviously it's useful.
Back to top Go down
EternalAnny
Admin
EternalAnny

PostSubject: Re: Pure Strength Glavie Guide   Pure Strength Glavie Guide EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 8:30 am

Fire skill :

Fire Force:
This is the imbue. Max it (duh...)

Fire Shield:
This makes you immune to ice at higher lvls but you need a shield and you can't have one because the glavie is two handed. Some people carry a shield and quickly switch to it then take glavie again just to activate the skill. It can be useful in PvP though, as you will be immune to ice. It's getting orange instead of red for that.

Flame body:
This increases your physical attack. Max it

Fire Protection:
Increases your magical defense. You'll need it... a lot.

Flame Devil Force:
The passive. It increases your physical attack. Max it.

OPTIONAL:
Fire Wall:
Creates a wall of fire around you that makes you immune to magical attacks. Can be useful when fighting monsters such as giant earth taoists so you don't get mobbed by other general taoists when you're fighting the giant, but it won't stand for a long time. And besides, this skill is useless against most of the other monsters. So I don't suggest it.

The lightning skills

Piercing Force:
Increases your magical attack, something that you don't have a lot. This combined with fire body greatly increases the damage you deal.

Wind Walk:
Makes you run faster. You only have one ranged attack, so being able to get to them fast is important.

Concentration Series:
Increases parry ratio. Means it decreases your chances of taking more damage.

Heaven's Force:
Permanently increases your parry ratio.

And finally, the cold skills

These aren't suggested for a pure strength build because you don't really need them. The cold buffs are mostly about physical defense, something that you already have a lot. I think you should forget about cold skills, but if you think you really need them, I suggest you take these:

Players suggest this skill because it seems to give you great defense, I personally don't know much about it, but if players consider it as being useful, you should try it

Cold Armor:
Permanently increases physical defense.

Frost Guard Series:
You are wearing garments, thus you don't have as much physical defense as if you were wearing armor. This will give you more physical defense for a short amount of time.

optional : rost Nova Series:
These skills are very useful when you are getting mobbed. The first book only hits the enemy you selected, and will frostbite (slow down) or froze your enemy. The second book hits everything around you, and you don't need to select a monster to use this skill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pure Strength Glavie Guide   Pure Strength Glavie Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Pure Strength Glavie Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DanGerousX :: Quests and Guides-
Jump to: